Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pretty in White

I went to a wedding dress fitting today.

Well, the bells will be tolling this summer not for me but for one of my best gal pals.

I had never been to a wedding dress fitting. Well, it's not something I get to experience more than a couple of times in my life time, I'm assuming. So I set out to the place totally determined to take it all in and really enjoy the ride. And I have to admit, it was quite exciting being in the spacious room with big floor-to-ceiling mirror walls, and seeing my girl friend get into one dress after another two hours straight. She was glowing with a beam and looked really happy, smiling the most special smile I had ever seen on her. And I just couldn't stop telling her how beautiful she looked in every one of the gown she put on.



I have to admit. Seeing all the gowns did put me into a perspective of things about my single-and-mingle-in-a-jungle life. While waiting for my gal to get clad in all white behind the curtain, I strolled around the room greeting the dresses hung, imagining which one I would choose for myself.

I never thought I had it in me, but I might have a bride gene or at least a shred of it left in me still. If, after all.

I thought they would give me a glass of champagne like they do at the Vera Wang showrooms, but instead it was a cup of peach tea. Oh well. It was just as lovely, though.

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment