Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dandelion Coffee

It's Saturday night. I am in my PJ (just about my favorite thing to be in), unwinding from the week's stress (I work Saturdays) with The Japan Times Weekly on couch, warm in my apartment living room. Nora Jones on. Easily my favorite time of the week.

Not so long ago, I would have likely poured myself a glass of Pinot Noir or Chardney to highlight my evening like this, but tonight, I am opting for a big cup of dandelion coffee.



Yes, it's dandelion. More specifically, it's roasted dandelion roots in a form of powder. It looks and smells, and actually tastes a lot like coffee, thus the name. You also make it just like you do coffee, with a drippier.


It smells very...roasted, is the word I'm looking for, to a point where you expect it to taste really bitter that you have to squint, but it's actually really mild and almost sweet on its own.

It makes your body really warm. It's also supposed to cleanse your liver and it's highly recommended for a nursing mother (not that I am). And since the caffeine is 100% absent unlike regular coffee, you can have it late at night without the insomnia effect.


Cheers!
Have a lovely weekend, world!

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment