Two serious otaku friends of mine have come to be two of my closest, most beloved friends: E and S. I met them separately, E in southern California during my college years, and S in Japan as a coworker from Canada. I was thinking about them today and found so many things they have in common:
1) They took a Japanese course in high school/College.
2) They love The Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy.
3) They are punkerdorku (punk/nerd/dork/otaku).
4) They don't eat a lot of vegetables.
5) They are both sickly nocturnal. And they are quite often just plain sickly.
6) They are both very chuckle-y.
7) They know more Japanese slang than I do.
8) They know more Japanese history than I do.
9) They type faster than they can speak.
10) They will pilgrimage to their mecca, Akihabara, for life.
... just to name a few. I'm pretty sure they are similar in so many ways because of their love for anime, partially or entirely.
While sharing nothing from the list I made about my friends, I actually have a bit of semi-otakuness in me too, although I never admit it. I loved Dragon Ball as a kid like a normal Asian kid should, and love Cowboy Bebop. But my all-time fav remains Gon in my heart, an adventure of a little dinosaur in a comic-book series, which leads to my point of today's post. I placed an order for the whole series a few days ago, and the delivery was made today!
Oh, the joy of opening the parcel to see the disgruntled face of Gon! Undeniably the moment of my day.
I think now I'm heading beddie to read the whole series.
Until next time,