Friday, March 23, 2012

A New Find Part II

In my previous post was a bakery that I found in the city next to mine. But I found one that's in a walking distance from my apartment today, conveniently located near the library that I love oh so much and go every other day.


Mugi-no-ie, translated "House of Wheat", is open, mysteriously, on Thursday and Saturday only. I am guessing the owner has other means of income. But from what I learned from the brochure they gave me, he or she goes out of his or her way to make good quality bread with all natural and organic ingredients and no artificial additives, strictly macrobiotic. In short, my kind of bakery.

I am trying for a starter their wheat bread, raisin & pumpkin, and brown rice roll. The smell is quite promising already. I can't wait to get hungry this evening (yes, I eat bread for dinner).

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment