Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Pocahontas Moment

I've repeatedly declared my love for sunset in the past (http://diaryofajapanadian.blogspot.com/2009/06/room-with-view.html), but this one, last Friday, was just tear-sheddingly beautiful.

See the little moon there too?

I was sick the good half of last week. Away from where I should have been (at work), I stood in my balcony looking at the wonders happening before my eyes, and somehow the fever and the condition with my stomach and other innards that had made me feel weak to the core seemed to fade away, washing off the virus that had been taking hold of my biology.

Reminded. One of my favorite songs by Jewel goes:

I had this theory that if we are told we are bad
that's the only idea we'll ever have
but maybe if we are surrounded in beauty
Someday we will become what we see
'Cause anyone can start a conflict
it's harder yet to disregard it
I'd rather see the world from another angle

It's time like this when I look at the sky as captured that I feel like telling her with affection, "we are surrounded in beauty; we just have to start seeing it. BTW I love your songs."

I truly think we underestimate what the beauty of nature can do to us on a very fundamental level. It definitely made my otherwise miserable day.

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment