Thursday, August 30, 2012

15 Mins of Hillary A Day

During pregnancy going to the city library became my religious. Walking between shelves of books and skimming through pages of whatever that would catch my eye was a great pastime. And coming home with a bunch of books to read felt pretty great, too. And to think that it's all free of money! Libraries are so underrated these days, I tell you.

Since A's arrival, however, it's virtually impossible to find the time to sit and read a book to finish. Either she starts crying for attention or to be fed, or I have unfinished work - and I always do! - around the house that I must attend to while my hands are free of a baby. Or, if I do have, say, a half hour to spare, I'd rather do something that's brainless like browsing Internet or writing a new post for my blog as I am doing right now.

Yet, it's been a while since the last time I actually finished a book. I walk A in a stroller every day now, so I decided to start going to the library with her like I used to before. She likes the outside better (floor's too smooth and the atmosphere's too dim-lit and quiet in the public building) so I had to hurry through the shelves to find what to bring home, but got something that I had been meaning to read for a long time... and a magazine that I can skim through while holding A.


I think I can manage to spare 15 minutes a day for it. The presidential election might have been done by the time I finish reading this. We'll see.

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment