Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Best Ever! Yogurt

This is easily the best way to eat your yogurt.

A gourmet friend of mine, M, who has a chef husband, taught me this a month or so ago, and I have been religiously eating my yogurt this way ever since. I mean, OH MY GOD! I don't think I can ever go back to eating it the regular way. (The regular way being, open the lid and scoop it with the spoon and eat it. Yea, the way you do it.) Well, actually, come to think of it, I never really liked eating yogurt that much until now.

M didn't make me promise I wouldn't give anyone this magical recipe, so I am going public with this. I hope this will change your world as far as dairy is concerned the way it did mine.

First, you need plain yogurt. Any plain yogur will do.


Then, at least a half day before you want to eat it, you need to drain the water out of the yogurt like this.


I am using a coffee filter here, if you can't tell what it is. A half day later, you will have a cup full of yogurt-tasting water, and less-moist yogurt mass that looks like this.

Put it in a bowl and it looks ...


...like a ball of mozzarella cheese.

And that't it! Since it's plain yogurt, I use maple syrup on top for a bit of sweetness.

Make sure it's 100% maple syrup, too.

What you taste on your tongue is so rich and delicious, it's like eating a piece of cheese cake!


Thank you, M, for your recipe!

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment