Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Cousin and Breakfast

I was at cousin A's last night. She is leaving Tokyo in October to go back to her hometown in Miyazaki, saying her tearful farewell to the city where she spent 6 years of her young life. I think I know how that feels. Both excited and remorseful, but more hopeful than anything else because the idea that would have been impossible to conceive of when she was a little younger doesn't seem all that bad now because she's seen goods and bads of the life in the big city, and there is a bit of longing for a more settled life near the familiar.

So, I'm just gonna spend as much time as possible with her while she is only two hours away by train, before she will be two hours away by a plane.

Breakfast at a cafe has always been our thing. And this is one of our favorite place, Bagel Bagel, near her house. I remember as if it was yesterday when... well, let me just say A has the biggest sweet tooth I have seen or heard or dreamed of, and the first time we went to this place, she ordered a triple chocolate muffin. Well that's fine. How about a drink? I said, and she pondered about 3 seconds, and said, "Can I have a hot chocolate with the muffin, please?"

Anyways, my choice of the day was a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and honey, with iced tea.


I'm gonna miss our breakfast together a lot, A.

Until next time,

Sak

No comments:

Post a Comment