Monday, June 22, 2009

High School Reunion

Met my friends from high school in Tokyo on Sunday. I went to a very particular high school in British Columbia, an international "Catholic" privy that no longer exists. I had friends from Germany, Mexico, the States, France, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thai Land, and Japan. I went to a college in southern California and away from everyone, so it's extremely fortunate of me that I now have my beloved friends from my high school years living back in Japan.


We all live in different parts of Japan land, so for some of us, it's a lot of work just to get to Tokyo. Yet, to be able to see the faces of gal pals we shared a few years of our teenage period with, is too special to miss out, and the long travel is worth it.

C is a stay-at-home mom of a girl and married for 5 years.
H is a stay-at-home mom of a boy and married for 2 years.
R works for an IT company and is engaged to be married.
Y manages a boutique and has a boyfriend of 11 years.
S is a doctor and just broke up with a boyfriend.
And myself.

Six lives.
Six paths.
Six hearts.
Six minds.
Six problems.
Six loves.

And all six of us sharing a Sunday afternoon in the midst of a strange land of Japan, eating pizza from the same box and reminiscing of good all days. That was my favorite moment of the day.

Until next time.

Sak


No comments:

Post a Comment